Help getting started

Katie

Jan 7, 2012, 11:22:14 PM1/7/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi everyone,

I need some help, so far I haven't been following the cleanse. I
didn't really plan out what I would be eating and with a fridge filled
with holiday leftovers and late nights at work, I madee some bad food
decisions. But I am ready now to commit to this. I am a vegetarian
but don't follow a very healthy veggie diet. My goal for 2012 and
this cleanse is to go vegan and eat healthy. The following is what I
am planning to eat this week, please give me some feedback on what you
all think. Keep in mind that I work long days and need quick and easy
meals to bring with me.

Breakfast: Barbara's Puffins cereal
Lunch: Whole grain bread with hummus, lettuce, tomato slice, cucumber,
avocado, and onion
Dinner: Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
Snacks: Almonds, Cashews, Larabars and Cliffbars

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!!!

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 8, 2012, 10:56:27 AM1/8/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi Katie! I'm glad you are joining us - and don't worry about the late
start - we all have to start somewhere and making that commitment is
the most important step.

Onto some of the food: The snacks look great, though I would eliminate
the Cliffbars as they have a lot of sugar in them. The Larabars are ok
though. For breakfast you should try a green smoothie or green juice
instead of the cereal - check out some of the other posts in this
forum for places to get smoothie/juice recipes. When trying to cleanse
you should also eliminate gluten from your diet, so for your lunch I
would say try just dipping the veggies in the hummus rather than
making it into a sandwich.

These are just a few suggestions, let us know if you need further help
- a lot of the posts on this forum should help you get started but we
are always here to help!

Katie

Jan 8, 2012, 12:56:00 PM1/8/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Thank you so much, I'll definitely eliminate the bread and just use
the hummus as a dip for the veggies. I don’t have a blender or
juicer; I’ll have to look into getting one. For now I guess I’ll just
stick with the cereal.

On Jan 8, 10:56 am, "Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]"
> > Let me know what you all think.  Thanks!!!- Hide quoted text -

cheryl...@hotmail.com

Jan 8, 2012, 3:04:49 PM1/8/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi Katie-

I would recommend getting some green drink product and having that in
the morning before your cereal, this will help bring more alkaline
fioods into your diet,
Also you can do whole grain hot cereal's inside of the Barbara's dry
cereal. You also could skip the cereal and just do your three servings
of fruit before noon
instead of cooked good.

Cheryl

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 8, 2012, 3:25:13 PM1/8/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse

If you don't have a blender you could have a raw food bar instead such
as a larabar. I posted on one of the other entries about how to make
your own if you want to save some money! Good luck with everything!
On Jan 8, 2:04 pm, "cherylkoot...@hotmail.com"