Week 3 Goals

cheryl...@hotmail.com

Jan 15, 2012, 6:21:56 PM1/15/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing great. I didn't do juice fast
today but still going strong.
I did two hours of exercise today and took winter nap in the afternoon
with my cat, Oksana.
It was awesome. We are off tomorrow, extra bonus :)
Cheryl

StephNE500

Jan 16, 2012, 12:53:20 AM1/16/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't juice fast either.  But I bought Happy Herbivore for Kindle (it was less than $5) and I made Garden Chowder ... and it was sooo good!  I also made homemade vegan, gluten-free bread using Bob's Red Mill Wonderful Bread Mix.  Worked my part-time job tonight ... now I'm procrastinating finishing my lesson plans for tomorrow.  No holiday off for me :-( but I can't wait to get to bed so I can wake up and have my green smoothie and do yoga!  I am loving the changes I have made in my eating habits this year, even staying away from added cane sugar!  Never thought I would be able to do that.  I plan to continue to eat this way--vegan, gluten-free, no/very little cane sugar, no/very little added oils--for the rest of my life ... after I have gluten later this week before my doctor's appointment, that is.  I am dreading the feeling I'm going to experience when I do that though!

In other news, I was able to get some chia seeds this weekend and can't wait to try that chocolate chia pudding!

For week 3, I'm going to focus on maintaining what I have already been implementing with diet and exercise but I'm going to try a new recipe from Happy Herbivore for dinner a few nights this week (hoping that my husband will like the food more, although he did not like the Garden Chowder).  I might try dry brushing this week too, but I'm not really feeling like I want to delve into meditation yet.  I think I will try meditation next month possibly.  Has anybody else failed to try meditation yet?  Just wondering.

Tanya S.

Jan 16, 2012, 5:51:36 AM1/16/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com

Prayer works for me. So does thinking about the things I have read in the bible...that's the kind of meditating that I do.

> --
>
> http://www.ecovegangal.com

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 16, 2012, 12:36:25 PM1/16/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Sounds like everyone is on track this week! I have been doing a lot
better with the meditation. I put an app on my iPad that does 1 minute
and 10 minute guided meditation - it's free and it seems to work
pretty well for me (I think it's called Gratitude). I have a hard time
meditating on my own, so this has helped a lot. I did it 3 times last
week and I felt really good afterwards. Going to shoot for 5 times
this week.

Since Steph mentioned it, if anyone wanted to try out Everyday Happy
Herbivore recipes, I've got a giveaway going on my blog right now that
you can enter up until tomorrow night and you and try to win a copy!
The recipes are super easy and they are all low-fat and low-cal -
really clean eating. I made Sweet Potato Dal last night and it was
terrific!

http://theunintentionalvegan.com/everyday-happy-herbivore-giveaway

On Jan 16, 4:51 am, "Tanya S." <tanya.m.schroe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Prayer works for me. So does thinking about the things I have read in the
> bible...that's the kind of meditating that I do.

Tanya S.

Jan 16, 2012, 1:14:45 PM1/16/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
That's an awesome book Ashley! If I didn't own it already, I would have loved that give away!
I'd love for you guys to come check out my blog today....I'm feelin' MIGHTY NICE. :)
http://findingthecouragetoheal.blogspot.com/