What a Group!

Mrs. Collins

Jan 5, 2012, 8:42:39 PM1/5/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi Everyone!
I have been reading posts every day, watching Whitney's videos, and
reading pieces of CSD each night...yet- I have not posted here yet.
Crazy!
So I started the cleanse on Jan 1st but (as we know) that can be a
rough day so no workout but my eating was okay. I have been hdrinking
a detox tea each night. I think tonight I add the nut milk and stevia
like Whitney has...should be yummy!
I have been forgetting the morning water, lemon, cayenne pepper combo
until today and I am pretty sure I put too much cayenne pepper in it
(burned everything inside my face!). So I am gonna give that a whirl
tomorrow again :)
I also have yet to meditate. Cannot seem to quiet my mind! Any helpful
hints??
Also- the Green Smoothie recipes posted are
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby and I are
having one every day!
After the video/phone chat the other day I have also added in b12 and
probiotics.
So- in a nutshell it seems like we are all in the same boat and it
makes me feel so much better! I sometimes feel like if I am missing
something or do not follow something to a "T" I am a failure and just
stop so to have support like this is so great. Makes me realize that
what we are doing (even if we miss a meditation or mess up a cayenne
pepper drink) is so much better than what we WERE doing for ourselves
and our world around us.
So- thanks everyone. I hope to get posting a bit more. Such a
wonderful group!
xoxo
Sherrie

Tanya S.

Jan 5, 2012, 9:33:23 PM1/5/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Sherrie so glad you're here, and yes girl, we're all going through the same things. Just trying to do the best we can.
In the end, any improvement is great, and with time, you'll find that some of these new things will stick with you. I first learned about Green Smoothies about 4 years ago, doing a cleanse similar to the one we're doing now. Unfortunately, I did go back to my SAD eating for a time, but never stopped the Green Smoothies. Now, after 4 years, I'm finally a "successful" Vegan (meaning, I don't go off my Vegan diet anymore), and it all began with trial and error. You'd be surprised how much you're actually teaching your body. Little steps, but it's all part of the process. You have to walk before you can run. You're doing Great!!!! If you have any questions, of course, these amazing women and men on here, will jump to your rescue. If you need extra support, please do not hesitate to email me, or leave me a comment on my blog: http://findingthecouragetoheal.blogspot.com/  We can do so much more together, than we could ever do alone. :)
Tanya

http://www.ecovegangal.com

cheryl...@hotmail.com

Jan 5, 2012, 10:07:29 PM1/5/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Congrats on going vegan! You won't regret it, After four year I can
say
that now I never miss animal products. I just fed my kitties and
commented
how completely off putting the fish smell is from their food (no they
are not
vegan, they are too old to switch their diets, my vet doesn't
recommend it)
and why would anyone want to eat it. My boyfriend agrees with me. I
feel
same way about really strong cheese,. They put it by the apples at my
Whole Foods and it is so gross.
> >http://www.ecovegangal.com- Hide quoted text -

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 7, 2012, 11:46:56 AM1/7/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
So glad you've joined us! I usually do about 1/2 tsp of cayenne per 3
lemons and it seems to do the trick! It can be tough to fit everything
in, but just strive to do one new thing each day and you'll get there
before you know it! Let us know if you need any help or advice...it's
so nice to have this support system.

Tanya S.

Jan 7, 2012, 1:21:07 PM1/7/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Ashley, YOU ROCK! You've been incredibly supportive yourself, and after reading your awesome comments, I just had to tell you that! :)

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 7, 2012, 4:38:25 PM1/7/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Thanks Tanya - I think I'm blushing :) It has been incredible to have
so many like-minded people coming together to help each other out. I
sometimes feel isolated from other vegans since I'm not in a metro
area, but this has definitely reinforced my beliefs and that I'm on
the right track!

Tanya S.

Jan 7, 2012, 4:47:34 PM1/7/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Yes you are Ashley! And I'm so glad we found each other here....again....THANK WHITNEY! WE LOVE YOU!