[December 2021 Eclipse Festival] Data Collection Begins in 24 Hours, SNASH, ORCID

Kristina Collins

Nov 29, 2021, 6:18:07 PM11/29/21
to eclipse-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This is a reminder that the official data collection period starts in 24 hours. I will send additional email reminders for the start and end of data collection, and updates as needed.

A couple of quick notes at this stage:

SNASH
Senior computer science students here at CWRU have created a new program for recording WAV files with metadata tags. It's called SNASH, which is a recursive acronym: SNASH Nimbly Archives Sound Headers. Unlike Audacity, it is designed for surveillance recording in this and other crowdsourced science experiments. Please consider trying it out for your own data collection in the coming days. Files and documentation can be found at www.hamsci.org/snash. More will be added to that page in the coming days, but you will find enough there to get started.

ORCID
If you have not already done so, please consider signing up for an ORCID at www.orcid.org. This will give you a unique identification number for tracking publications and datasets (e.g., https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3816-1948) and improve our records of participant contributions. As you can see in previous datasets (e.g., https://zenodo.org/record/4959922), participants' ORCID pages are linked with green circles next to their names.
Keep track of your ID; you might consider adding it to your QRZ page. The SNASH configuration file requests an ORCID, as will the exit survey I'll post at the conclusion of the experiment.

Thanks and 73,
-KC

Kristina Collins

Nov 29, 2021, 6:23:52 PM11/29/21
to eclipse-...@googlegroups.com
...Whoops, this email was sent 38 minutes early. It should have been sent at the top of the hour. There's a countdown on the experiment page: https://hamsci.org/december-2021-eclipse-festival-frequency-measurement

73,
-KC