Eos Article, Upcoming HamSCI Workshop

Kristina Collins

Feb 10, 2021, 8:01:34 AM2/10/21
to eclipse-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Please enjoy this article on the role of ham radio in crowdsourced science, published yesterday by Eoshttps://eos.org/features/ham-radio-forms-a-planet-sized-space-weather-sensor-network

I'd also like to draw your attention to our upcoming HamSCI workshop: https://hamsci.org/hamsci2021
This year's workshop will be virtual and free to attend. The focus will be on midlatitude ionospheric measurements, and there will be heavy emphasis on co-design of citizen science experiments. We'll hold a session on this topic where we have scientists and hams collaborate to design a citizen science campaign together.
Abstract submissions are open until February 15th. I hope you will consider joining us.

Finally, I'm pleased to note that I've gotten a student team together to help me with the data processing from the eclipse. I look forward to updating you further as our work progresses.

Thanks and 73,
-KC