Problem with photon

Odne Hellebø

Aug 2, 2018, 10:23:34 AM8/2/18
to eclim-user
I've installed latest eclipse that is in repo on arch 02082018. Eclipse photon 4.8.2, and for some reason using JavaSearchContext in some files doesn't work. The project is compiled with mvn. It works in Eclipse program and in Netbeans. One difference between the files is the encoding and was wondering if that could have something to do with it.
One file that doesn't work is: Java source, ISO-8859 text, with very long lines
One file that does work is: UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators

I'm just grasping here. Is there some settings that need to be set?

Eric Van Dewoestine

Aug 2, 2018, 12:47:50 PM8/2/18
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
What jdk version are you running? The introduction of java modules
broke a lot of stuff in eclim that I haven't had time to fix. Some
issues are with eclipse (I can reproduce some searching issues in the
UI), but others are unfortunately changes they made that make life
more difficult.
> --

eric

Odne Hellebø

Aug 2, 2018, 1:17:24 PM8/2/18
to eclim-user
I'm using java-8-openjdk.
I put eclimlogging on trace and got this
(0s) system: "<user>/org.eclipse.platform_4.8.0_155965261_linux_gtk_x86_64/plugins/org.eclim_2.8.0/bin/eclim" --nailgun-server localhost --nailgun-port 9091 -editor vim -command java_search -n "dds" -f "<file>" -o 57088 -e latin1 -l 11
Anything else that you need to narrow down the problem I'm here :)

Eric Van Dewoestine

Aug 2, 2018, 1:28:19 PM8/2/18
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
Do you have jdk9 or jdk10 installed (even if you aren't using them)?
In my environment, simply having one of those installed caused eclipse
to start returning module based source locations for standard libs.

Also, what are you searching for? java*. packages or are you searching
within your own code base? If you can create a small working example
that you can share, that'll make it easier to see what's going on.
> > an email to eclim-user+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> > <javascript:>.

Odne Hellebø

Aug 2, 2018, 1:54:03 PM8/2/18
to eclim-user
I just installed jdk10 and closed vim and eclimd. Then tried again and still got no results.

I'd love to make you a succinct example, but to be honest I'm not sure how to. It is "own" code base. But it is pretty big so it is not easy to narrow it down. But I tried looking for the java_search in the eclim source and couldn't immediately see that the encoding was used in one of the SearchCommand.executeSearch(CommandLine commandLine). Is that something to go on maybe?

Odne Hellebø

Aug 27, 2018, 4:16:09 PM8/27/18
to eclim-user
I finally found an example. Go to  ErrorMapper.addError and then do :JavaSearchContext, and you should see no search result. Remove line 18 or one of the bad chars and then it works.
A.java

Odne Hellebø

Aug 27, 2018, 7:31:33 PM8/27/18
to eclim-user
Also worth noting is that the file is latin1, you can convert back and forth with :w ++enc=latin1/utf8

Odne Hellebø

Sep 22, 2018, 9:28:50 PM9/22/18
to eclim-user
Fuck me. Sorry I've added the wrong file of course...
A.java