Is it possible to set a method entry breakpoint?

Martin T.

Jan 19, 2016, 4:50:45 PM1/19/16
to eclim-user
Hello,

I have the following setup.

Windows 7 x64 machine (host)
Ubuntu 15.10 x64 vmbox (guest)

vim and eclim (headless) are running in the vm.

I start a java app with debugging enabled on port 5005 on the host.

I connect to the app from vim running in the guest using the vm's gateway address as the host ip

:JavaDebugStart 10.0.2.2 5005

This works and

:JavaDebugStatus

shows me as Connected and I can see all threads.

The problem is that the debugger does not break on my breakpoints (neither method entry nor line breakpoints).

I have started an eclipse gui on the guest without eclim and connected the debugger to the java app.

The debugger does not break on breakpoints too but it does break on method entry breakpoints and afterwards on line breakpoints in the same method.

Any idea how to set a method entry breakpoint through eclim or to fix that behavior somehow?

Martin T.

Jan 20, 2016, 5:54:46 AM1/20/16
to eclim-user
I have synced my code.

It actually hits the breakpoint but it does not update the buffers signcolumn.

I have to manually re-execute

:JavaDebugStatus to see that it breaks at the breakpoint.

The DebugStatus window is never updated automatically, I must do it manually all the time.

Ronak Gandhi

May 24, 2018, 3:03:28 AM5/24/18
to eclim-user
Was this issue ever fixed?

I'm seeing this issue now in my setup. I have to keep refreshing the :JavaDebugStatus window to check if I hit a breakpoint or not. Even then, when I see the breakpoint was hit, the actual code is not highlighted in the vim buffer.