error on emacs-eclim run

Michael Mossey

Jun 9, 2018, 4:02:17 PM6/9/18
to eclim-user
Not sure if you support emacs-eclim here, or would have an idea where to look. First time I ran emacs-eclim, it ran "/usr/bin/java -command ping <other stuff>",and I got "unrecognized option -command". Any idea about this, or whether it has anything to do with emacs?
Mike

Eric Van Dewoestine

Jun 9, 2018, 5:16:23 PM6/9/18
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I don't know anything about how emacs-eclim is setup, so
getting in touch with one of the authors of that project, or a
knowledgable user, would be your best bet.

With regards to the command, it almost certainly should be attempting
to run the 'eclim' shell script and not java. Perhaps there is some
config that tells emacs-eclim where the 'eclim' script is, but for
some reason that config is set to /usr/bin/java instead?
> --

eric

Michael Mossey

Jun 11, 2018, 2:27:56 AM6/11/18
to eclim-user
I figured out one problem at least. I don't know where the eclim executable is, and emacs can't find it. Is there in fact such a thing as the "eclim" executable as apart from eclimd? (I can get eclimd to run.) That MIGHT be an Emacs thing if you haven't heard of it.

I'm on MacOS and the eclim install script runs without error.

Mike

Eric Van Dewoestine

Jun 11, 2018, 9:36:56 AM6/11/18
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
The best way to find the eclim shell script is to first start eclimd,
then look at the file contents of:

~/.eclim/.eclimd_instances

in which each line is a json formatted dict with information on a
running eclimd instance. The "home" key for each instance can be used
to locate the eclim script essentially like so (pseudo code):

entry['home'] + '/bin/eclim'