Installation Guide for later versions

joven lim

May 23, 2018, 2:45:49 AM5/23/18
to eclim-user
Good day Eclim Team!

Recently I've read that Windows support is discontinued for Eclim. I was wondering if I can still use a lower version of Eclim in my Windows box? And if yes, do you have an installation guide for it? I have some corporate restrictions so I am using a Windows box.

Thanks a lot!

Eric Van Dewoestine

May 23, 2018, 11:59:39 AM5/23/18
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
You can use any of the eclim versions that have a .jar installer, but
note that you'll have to match the eclipse version to what eclim
supported at that time. Also note that the old .jar installer does not
support the directory layout created by the eclipse gui installer.
You'll have to use one of their .zip distributions instead.
> --

eric

joven lim

May 23, 2018, 10:10:04 PM5/23/18
to eclim-user
Thank Sir Eric! I will try to look into it and maybe post some questions again in this thread when I encounter something. Thanks a lot!!

joven lim

May 26, 2018, 6:03:01 AM5/26/18
to eclim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir Eric,

Good day!

I have encountered this problem when I was trying to use the JavaImpl feature of eclim. I was trying to override the the toString() function of the parent class.

Am I missing something here? I hope you can shed some light on this matter. Do you want me to start another thread for this problem in the mailing list?

Regards,
Joven