Support for Scala

Kannan Rajah

Jan 3, 2015, 10:15:10 PM1/3/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
Eric,
What is the current support for Scala? I followed the online documentation and installed Scala IDE and built eclim from master branch. But when I open a Scala file, there is no syntax highlighting, or compilation happening. Am I missing something? I tried to open the same file in Eclipse and it does syntax highlighting; but no compilation happening there either.

Also, from VIM, :ScalaSearch is not recognized. What do you think is missing?

Kannan Rajah

Jan 3, 2015, 10:22:22 PM1/3/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I just realized that the project was created using Java nature instead of Scala.
When I try to create using -n scala, it is not being recognized.

Eric Van Dewoestine

Jan 3, 2015, 10:30:57 PM1/3/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
When you build eclim, does the initial output show that org.eclim.sdt
is to be built or skipped?

--
eric

Kannan Rajah

Jan 3, 2015, 10:47:07 PM1/3/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I forgot to rebuild after installing the Scala IDE. I did it and now I am able to create a Scala project from VIM.
And syntax highlighting and compilation works :)

One problem I noticed was I have to save twice (:w) in order to have the compilation effect updated. For e.g., if I change class to classXX and save, it does not show the VIM mark as error. But if I save again, it shows up. Any idea?

Eric Van Dewoestine

Jan 4, 2015, 10:47:17 PM1/4/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-01-04 03:47:06, Kannan Rajah wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to rebuild after installing the Scala IDE. I did it and now
> I am able to create a Scala project from VIM.
> And syntax highlighting and compilation works :)
>
> One problem I noticed was I have to save twice (:w) in order to have the
> compilation effect updated. For e.g., if I change class to classXX and
> save, it does not show the VIM mark as error. But if I save again, it shows
> up. Any idea?

Weird, I can't reproduce that. I am currently on scala-ide 4.0.0 rc4.
I haven't had a chance to test with the new final release, but I'd be
surprised if they changed much since their last rc.
> > email to eclim-dev+...@googlegroups.com.
> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/eclim-dev.
> >

> --

eric