JavaSearch command no longer opens location list by default

Kannan

Oct 11, 2014, 2:17:18 PM10/11/14
to ecli...@googlegroups.com

When I run :JavaSearch, it directly opens the first matching results in vertical split. This is nice like the "I am feeling Lucky" :)
But I have to open location list explicitly and navigate through other matches.

How about opening the location list in addition to showing the first matching result?

--
Kannan

Eric Van Dewoestine

Oct 11, 2014, 7:19:18 PM10/11/14
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
That was another unintentional side affect of merging the search
result logic for all the various languages together. One of the
language searches had that logic and it got merged into the global
version.

I've now made the following changes:
- populate the quickfix list instead of the location list when there
are multiple results. I've been meaning to switch from the location
list to the quickfix list for a long time since having search
results share the same list as code validation was alway problematic
if you actually wanted to preserve your search while editing code.
- when there is a single result, I no longer mess with the quickfix
list at all. This means I no longer support having the default
single result action set to open the result list.

--
eric