historical bugs and feature requests (all closed)

Henrik Holst

Jun 22, 2008, 4:24:31 AM6/22/08
to echinus wm
Closed bugs and feature requests
--------------------------------

[x] popups crashes echinus (echinus-r240, reported by holst,
2008-06-17)
echinus crashes when gnome restart notication jumps up. OR it some
times just
kills the current windows. Very strange behavior.
Closed: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:37:06 +0200

[x] Small line segment missing (echinus-r237, reported bu holst,
2008-06-17)
See: <http://matmech.com/~holst/2008-06-17-082652_1920x1080_scrot.png>
Closed: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:37:14 +0200

[x] crazy popup flickering (echinus-r237, reported by holst,
2008-06-17)
there seems to be an excessive amount of flicker when a popup is
created.
case study: network manager in gnome. left click to display settings
(wired
etc.) and click again to hide. the redraw sequence after that is very
annoying!
Remark: If I hide the gnome panels, the flickering is considerably
reduced.
REMARK: THIS BUG WAS NOT IN R218
Closed: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:37:21 +0200

[x] viewprevtag (echinus-r226, reported by holst, 2008-06-15)

The viewprevtag does not work as it should anymore.
It uses some double step procedure now.
First W + Tab = show correct icons. Second W + tab = show correct
window.
And the same procedure to switch back. One W + tab to switch icons,
and another to perform the actual switch.
Icons = window icons in gnome panel.
Remark: Works on some systems. Requires further investigation.
Closed: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:37:16 +0200

[x] pager ghost (echinus-r218, reported by holst 2008-05-16)
When the last terminal is closed ; a "ghost" icon is left in the gnome
pager.
Closed: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:03:53 +0200

[x] move outside tag range (echinus-r226, reported by holst,
2008-06-15)
If I use the middle button to change desktop, from some applet
I can move "outside" the define range of tags. And it crashes:

Starting program: /home/holst/bin/echinus
[New Thread 0x7f08a0da56e0 (LWP 10017)]

[Switching to Thread 0x7f08a0da56e0 (LWP 10017)]
0x00007f08a08c5ae0 in strcmp () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007f08a08c5ae0 in strcmp () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1 0x00000000004073e1 in idxoftag (tag=0x0) at echinus.c:1006
#2 0x000000000040c5a5 in view (arg=0x0) at echinus.c:2256
#3 0x0000000000405836 in buttonpress (e=0x7fffa8dc8a70) at echinus.c:
493
#4 0x0000000000409b38 in run () at echinus.c:1587
#5 0x000000000040c913 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffa8dc8c48) at
echinus.c:2317
(gdb)
Closed: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:17:50 +0200

[-] oxine + fullscreen mode (echinus-r218, reported by holst
2008-05-17)
oxine dies with the error message:
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
Serial number of failed request: 92
if I try to start a movie with oxine in (default) fullscreen.
See: http://rafb.net/p/yKv93012.html
Works in oxine 0.7.1.
Closed: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:17:12 +0200

[x] popups disappearing (echinus-0.2.8, reported by holst 2008-05-07)
sometimes popup windows appears and then hides behind the main window.
also
true for gnome panel menu which can disappear behind the main window
(only
affects maximised mode as far as I can tell). Example: right click on
gnome-terminal and the menu *sometimes* disappears immediately!
REMARK: the bug only appears if I have a transparent gnome-terminal
in maximized mode. Strange.
Closed: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 02:45:12 +0200

[x] set focus (echinus-r218, reported by holst 2008-05-16)
If I have a window in floating mode in a tiled tag and move using
MODKEY-{j,k}
from the floating to a tiled, then the window appears to be in focus
(hilighted) but does not respond to input. By moving back and forth
between to
tiled windows fixes the problem.
Closed: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:07:03 +0200

[x] mouse move grab lag (echinus-r208, reported by holst 2008-05-08)
By holding down ALT and pressing LMB you should be able to move the
window
without having to double click on it. Sometimes it work with just a
single
click but usually not.
Closed: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:02:38 +0200

[x] toggle view & update pager (echinus-r218, reported by holst
2008-05-16)
The pager is not updated if I press MODKEY-TAB in the same way as
MODKEY-digit.
Closed: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:52:40 +0200

[x] gvim resize in floating (echinus-r218, reported by jonhagg
2008-05-16)
The input line in gvim doesn't show fully for certain sizes of the
window.
http://www.csc.kth.se/~jonhagg/pub/gvim-echinus.png
Closed: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:51:55 +0200

[x] starting apps in floating (echinus-r208, reported by jonhagg
2008-05-08)
Windows opened when in float mode does not seem to store their
position when
switching tags.
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:37:08 +0200

[x] toggle struts (echinus-0.2.8, reported by holst 2008-05-06)
When you toggle the struts (with the hide-all-panels.diff patch) the
struts are
also gone on other desktops. They should be reactivated when switching
back to
a desktop with struts active.
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:36:32 +0200

[x] floating fixed size windows (echinus-0.2.8, reported by holst
2008-05-06)
Non resizable windows should appear as floats automatically (as the
find window
in Opera).
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:36:35 +0200

[x] toggle struts (echinus-0.2.8, reported by holst)
The struts should be hidden not overwritten. Fixed with hide-all-
panels.diff,
implement in tip when it works good?
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:36:38 +0200

[x] Use Windows key as MODKEY in echinusrc (holst).
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:36:38 +0200

[x] Configurable default layout for each tag (holst).
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:36:38 +0200

[-] gdesklets (echinus-0.2.8, reported by holst 2008-05-07)
gdesklets does not work (http://linux.die.net/man/1/gdesklets)
together with
echinus. It displays as a normal window
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:40:59 +0200

[-] Replace bitmap images with scaled graphics (holst)
Replace bitmap images with scaled graphics that scale to the full size
of the
image list. (Create your own bitmaps to fit screen resolution.)
Closed: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:42:03 +0200