Making parsing echi binary file faster & better

dheny.n...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2009, 7:36:09 AM1/27/09
to ECHI Converter
dear all,

i've already use application for parsing echi binary file generate by
vb but that didn't support much faster if binary file @3000 record/
binary file, it will cause insert to databased slowly until H - 4.

is there any solution for application that will make parsing echi
binary more faster ?

thx for response
dheny - Jakarta, Indonesia

JasonGoecke

Jan 27, 2009, 3:27:02 PM1/27/09
to ECHI Converter
I am not sure if I follow your question. Here is the new library that
will be used to drive v0.5.0 of ECHI-Converter to be released:

http://jsgoecke.github.com/echi_files/

Do you want to fork and make some improvements for efficiency? Or are
you looking to recreate in VB?

On Jan 27, 4:36 am, "dheny.novans...@gmail.com"

dheny.n...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2009, 2:17:08 AM1/28/09
to ECHI Converter
ok thx, i'll try
to all ... any option ??
> > dheny - Jakarta, Indonesia- Hide quoted text -

JasonGoecke

Jan 28, 2009, 2:46:46 PM1/28/09
to ECHI Converter
Still not 100% clear on your question. Are you asking how to speed up
processing in VB or in Ruby?

On Jan 27, 11:17 pm, "dheny.novans...@gmail.com"

dheny.n...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2009, 2:52:51 PM1/28/09
to ECHI Converter
hehehehe thx for ur attention, i mean speed up processing in VB but if
there any way beside using vb that can be possible more faster ?
thx

JasonGoecke

Jan 28, 2009, 3:02:41 PM1/28/09
to ECHI Converter
Do you need something really fast because you have large files to
process, or?

In Ruby, to handle some things faster you may use inline C to do some
of the fast processing:

http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/

Of course, you could just write C/C++ for the whole thing...

On Jan 28, 11:52 am, "dheny.novans...@gmail.com"

dheny.n...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2009, 3:12:00 PM1/28/09
to ECHI Converter
yes right, file is really big, 1 binary file echi content aprox max
3000 record n that will be send to ftp server
if one interval of my cms server set into 30 mnt so cms will send
binary to ftp server at least max 5 binary file echi (@3000 record)/
interval
that i have to parsing before insert into my sql, so i really need
something that can speed up the process.

yes with C++ that can be solved but i dont know how to use it so i
still use vb for parsing application

thx

zakkiarsad

Jan 29, 2009, 7:58:52 PM1/29/09
to ECHI Converter
Om Dhen,
I've allready instaled ver 0.1.0 on our server and success!!
its quite easy to intstall, but first all component require must be
installed.
video capture how to install echi-converter on http://www.screencast.com/t/lQQkIVkUZMr
my problem just on update in version 0.4.1, but i am working on it

On Jan 29, 3:12 am, "dheny.novans...@gmail.com"

Dheny Novansyah

Jan 30, 2009, 6:57:08 AM1/30/09
to echi-co...@googlegroups.com