Heads Up on Rake Output

Josh Sosebee

Jan 14, 2009, 3:09:28 PM1/14/09
to ECHI Converter
Hello!

I wanted to post this console output as a quick heads up in case the
developers aren't aware of it:

C:\ECHI-Converter>rake migrate
(in C:/ECHI-Converter)
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake/gempackagetask.rb:
13:Warning:
Gem::manage_gems is deprecated and will be removed on or after March
2009.
== CreateEchiRecords: migrating
-- create_table("echi_records", {:force=>true})
-> 0.0160s
== CreateEchiRecords: migrated (0.0160s)
=====================================

== CreateEchiLogs: migrating
-- create_table("echi_logs", {:force=>true})
-> 0.0000s
== CreateEchiLogs: migrated (0.0000s)

[...]

By the way, I'm surprised there's no way to format this text (ie
indent, change color, etc).

JasonGoecke

Jan 14, 2009, 10:04:07 PM1/14/09
to ECHI Converter
Thanks, but that is only a warning message that came out with RubyGems
v1.3.0 of a deprecation in case you were using that method. ECHI-
Converter is not impacted by this.

Also, I did not follow this question, which text formatting are you
referring to?:

"By the way, I'm surprised there's no way to format this text (ie
indent, change color, etc)."

Josh Sosebee

Jan 15, 2009, 11:28:57 AM1/15/09
to ECHI Converter
I see, so it does not just display that message if manage_gems is
called but instead all the time regardless. OK then sorry for the
spam!

I referred to the text formatting for Google Groups. It would have
been nice to color or indent that log excerpt. Then again this was
built to access Usenet which is plain text.

JasonGoecke

Jan 15, 2009, 11:35:44 AM1/15/09
to ECHI Converter
Not spam at all, as now everyone may see that it is simply a warning
that uses the tool.

Also, if you want formatting for posting to Google Groups (as remember
this is actually a mailing list so therefore is mean to support email)
I would recommend using Gist from Github:

http://gist.github.com

As this gives you relevant formatting/coloring as well as a more
concise post to Google Groups without a flood of data.