Error when trying to install the ECHI Converter to the Project folder

mattfitzwater

Jan 6, 2009, 10:30:25 AM1/6/09
to ECHI Converter
I have tried installing to the project folder on 2 different machines
and I am receiving the following error.

C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\echi-converter-0.4.1>echi-converter
install "C:\Program Files\ECHI-Converter"
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- win32/service
(LoadError)
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:
31:in `require'
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/echi-converter-0.4.1/bin/
echi-converter:19
from c:/ruby/bin/echi-converter:19:in `load'
from c:/ruby/bin/echi-converter:19

JasonGoecke

Jan 6, 2009, 11:14:37 AM1/6/09
to ECHI Converter
You need to have the dependencies installed before you install this
gem on a new machine. The dependencies may be found here:

http://echi-converter.rubyforge.org/

Under requirements. There is also an installation screencast here:

http://www.screencast.com/t/lQQkIVkUZMr

In the specific case below, you are missing the Win32Service gem on
the machine(s) you are attempting to install and run on.

Matthew Fitzwater

Jan 6, 2009, 11:22:56 AM1/6/09
to echi-co...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the trouble, I just figured out that I did not have the win32
service gem installed on my lab I was testing.