Follow-up Meeting

Mat Todd

Nov 25, 2009, 10:19:45 PM11/25/09
to The value of new scientific communication models for Chemistry
Just had a chance to read the Nature Chem article summarizing the
white paper. Both very interesting. I had a quick question - is there
to be a follow-up meeting?

Theresa Velden

Nov 26, 2009, 10:22:51 AM11/26/09
to echem-wh...@googlegroups.com
Very glad to learn of your interest. Preparations for a follow-up
meeting are in the early planning stages (i.e. securing funding for a
larger international meeting). We are curious what reactions the
article and white paper will get and will proceed to set up a steering
committee to organize the follow-up meeting with a broad range of
stakeholders in this debate.

We'll use this list to keep everyone interested posted on the process.

--
Theresa Velden
Cornell University, Information Science

office phone +1-607-255-4654
mobile (USA) +1-607-2620086
mobile (Germany) +49-(0)160-93211961

ta...@cornell.edu or
theresa...@gmail.com
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~tvelden

Jean-Claude Bradley

Nov 26, 2009, 10:49:01 AM11/26/09
to echem-wh...@googlegroups.com
Theresa - if you would like to do a meeting in Second Life let me know and I can help.  It could encourage a discussion with many people who otherwise can't afford the time and expense to travel.

Jean-Claude
--
Jean-Claude Bradley, Ph. D.
E-Learning Coordinator for the College of Arts and Sciences

http://usefulchem.blogspot.com
http://drexel-coas-elearning.blogspot.com
http://drexel-coas-talks-mp3-podcast.blogspot.com/
http://friendfeed.com/jcbradley

Theresa Velden

Nov 26, 2009, 11:12:20 AM11/26/09
to echem-wh...@googlegroups.com
That's an excellent idea. Maybe not to substitute an actual
face-to-face meeting, but this could be a very interesting as a
complementary format to draw in even more people. Let's see how things
shake out, but if we go for it we'd greatly appreciate your help and
experience in setting it up in Second Life.

Theresa

Jean-Claude Bradley

Nov 26, 2009, 11:15:22 AM11/26/09
to echem-wh...@googlegroups.com
Theresa - right Second Life is not a substitute for any face to face meetings you will have but it might get more people involved - especially if we hold it before the physical meeting.

Carl Lagoze

Nov 29, 2009, 1:05:26 PM11/29/09
to echem-wh...@googlegroups.com
Jean-Claude,

Thanks for this idea. I think it is a really good one that we may take advantage of, but of course not as a substitute for face-to-face, which we all agree is the best way to get ideas exchanged at this point.

Regards, Carl