CX Season is here!

Luke Knisley

Oct 12, 2021, 11:18:24 AM10/12/21
to Eccc-announce
Hey everyone,

Your friendly cyclocross coordinator checking in here! Now that MTB season is over, it's time for cyclocross (woohoo)! Unlike mountain and road, we do not run standalone events for cx. Instead, we travel to various USAC races where our collegiate riders compete in the appropriate USAC category. Attached you will find a helpful chart prepared by Alan that shows what category you should be registering for at each race. Each of you should have been issued a standard domestic license when you purchased your collegiate license, but USAC's system is rather broken, so this may not have happened. If you do not see a domestic license in your account, please let Alan (eccc...@gmail.com) know so that he can sort it out.

Our full schedule is available on the calendar page of the ECCC website (https://eccc-cycling.com/current-calendar), but for this weekend we will be dividing between a race in New England, Keene Pumpkin CX in New Hampshire, and a race in the mid-Atlantic, HPCX in New Jersey. You will note that we have several such split weekends; this allows us to reduce some of the travel required, especially for our more southern teams such as those in NJ and PA.

You will also note that there are no UCI weekends on our calendar this year. This was a conscious decision made primarily to keep costs down. Some of our A riders may be a domestic category 1 or 2. For those riders to compete at the UCI weekends, they would have to purchase a separate UCI license for just one or two weekends. By avoiding these races, everybody, regardless of category, can race with just the $40 collegiate license.

Please note, if you are planning on attending Nationals in Chicago at the end of the season, the BARE MINIMUM to be eligible is to hold an A license and have MINIMUM of one start (more preferred) as an A rider. Please reach out to myself, Kolie, and/or Alan if you have questions about Nationals.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me on Facebook, Instagram, Discord, or via email.

--Luke
What Race Do I Enter.pdf