Virtual race & digital hangout survey!

Kolie Moore

Sep 12, 2020, 2:51:54 PM9/12/20
to eccc-announce
Hi everyone,

Ryan (Northeastern alum and our new MTB coordinator!) and I have been working on stuff to do this MTB season after the cancellation of racing. We would greatly appreciate it if you could fill out this anonymous survey by next weekend (19&20 September)

We're trying to gauge interest in Zwift/other platform virtual races and group rides, and Descenders + Discord/Slack for the fall. If Descenders goes well and is fun, maybe in the spring we'll do the same with Pro Cycling Manager (even if racing continues as normal!). Where possible, there will be no entrance fees, you don't have to purchase a race license or even leave your room. This is to have fun, maybe to attract some new members. If there's enough interest, we'll plan on starting that up for the first week of October.

The other thing in the survey is to gauge interest in an ECCC Discord/Slack server. We will of course keep this listserv as the normal/official channel for communication if you'd rather not join there. So for all your new members, get them to sign up for the listserv here, and please send the survey out to your clubs members.

Thanks!
-Kolie