Road season is coming!!!

eccc.road

Mar 10, 2022, 8:16:46 AM3/10/22
to eccc-announce

Hi everyone.  I am happy to announce we now have details available on all of the upcoming 5 race weekends for this spring road racing campaign posted on our website and on BikeReg.  So it’s time to put away the trainers, log off of Zwift, and welcome back to the real “Real Roads” of actual live, in person road racing.  No avatars needed, just a bike and an appetite for fun and competition.  I can tell you after 2 years off it going to feel real good to get back out there.

We will be hosting Men A, B, C and Women A, B, C races this year plus the Intro category is back for both the road races and criteriums.  For those of you that are brand new to the sport and would like some coaching before your first crack at it, the Intro category is for you.  The intro program will be led this year by our Conference Director Kolie Moore who is a coach for a living and will give you lots of tips and tricks to make your new racing experience a fun and challenging one.  We also would encourage those experienced A riders to lend a helping hand and pass their knowledge down to the next generation who will tackle the roads of spring for the next few years.

Registration is now open for all the races.  The fees this year will be up slightly but given that everything across the board costs 5-10% more than it did 3 years ago we are working on managing costs while keeping the racing fees affordable.  Road races and criteriums will be $30, Individual time trials will be $15, and Team Time Trials will be $25/team.  We encourage everyone to pre-register ahead of time so we get a good glimpse of how many riders we will be hosting this year.  I hope all you, veterans and newbies, will come out and support the race, hang out with your friends and classmates, and most importantly have fun doing it.

Further information on the events will be coming out in the next couple of weeks, including info on the waiver packets and host housing.  Please note that we are working with all of our event directors to try to procure as much host housing as possible this year; but there may be some continuing hesitancy amongst potential hosts as COVID is still a thing and needs to still be taken seriously.

Speaking of COVID, we will still be taking mitigating steps to help prevent people from getting sick; but in general the Omnicron wave is on the sharp decline and restrictions are being eased in many places.  That being said, we will have at least 2 events this year that as of now will still require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test in order to participate in those events.  Please check out the race flyers, which will be available on the ECCC website, for information on any restrictions or mandates that may apply to an event.  If anything changes, we will let you know via our preferred methods of communication, which is our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instragram), e-mail via the eccc-announce listserv on Google, and on our Discord server.

Looking forward to the season ahead; hope you all are as well.  Please feel free to ping me with any questions on the upcoming season.