MTB/CX Season Mini-Update - Tentatively ON!

Ryan Leonard

Jul 27, 2021, 10:07:08 AM7/27/21
to eccc-announce
Hey ECCC, I'm back with a mini-update for the 2021 MTB/CX season!

We are tentatively on to race in the fall!  We're excited by the high rates of vaccination in the north-east, and schools loosening policies and saying we'll be back-to-normal in the fall.

The ECCC is currently very actively planning for a return to racing this year, and we've got some amazing races planned for MTB season.  Stay tuned for race announcements and a calendar coming soon.

The big disclaimer - we're noticing some rising numbers of infection including in fully vaccinated people.  We have our fingers crossed that the risk will stay low, but if schools reinstate restrictions, we still reserve the option to cancel the season, either if events become financially non-viable due to low numbers or if events become unsafe to participate in or run.

We're keeping our ears perked for any regional news and updates from colleges.  If you haven't yet, please fill our our survey so we can keep assessing how schools are responding to COVID and what restrictions may be in place.

If you have any other information, have questions about the MTB season/ECCC, or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out!  I'm pingable on Discord, respond to emails, and am happy to schedule zoom meetings if you email :)

Looking forward to seeing all of the returning ECCC faces, and meeting all of our new riders for 2021!

Thanks,
Ryan (they/them)
_...@rst.vn
Discord: @CodeLenny#0001