Seattle

Mark Abraham

Nov 7, 2015, 10:02:09 AM11/7/15
to ecc_bi...@googlegroups.com, elmcity...@yahoogroups.com
Seattle voters approved a property tax increase that will spend $65 million on a 50-mile protected bike lane network and a 60-mile neighborhood greenway network over the next nine years.
http://www.peopleforbikes.org/blog/entry/on-modern-urban-transportation-seattle-is-making-it-happen

Brian Tang

Nov 8, 2015, 9:13:24 AM11/8/15
to ecc_bi...@googlegroups.com, elmcity...@yahoogroups.com
I see this as further evidence that we should structure our next bike plan as a set of alternative investment pathways: one status quo route wherein New Haven achieves a silver-level Bicycle-Friendly Community rating from the League of American Bicyclists within the next five years, a mid-range option wherein gold is achieved, and a more ambitious option that would achieve platinum. We would then mount an all-out campaign to the voters in favor of either the gold or platinum option. Once a consensus is reached we would bring it to the Board of Alders for formal adoption and allocation of necessary funds.