Two apps sharing DB server question...

Taurus

Nov 23, 2009, 5:38:42 PM11/23/09
to ec2-on-rails-discuss
Hi All,

Quick question about two apps sharing the same DB server. I have been
trying to see if this is possible using ec2onrails. At this point, it
appears the answer is "no". This is due to the fact that migrations
seem to be run on the DB server itself as opposed to the app server.
If migrations were run from the app server - I believe the DB server
could in fact be shared. Is there any way to make ec2onrails do this
or is what I'm asking outside the normal use cases?

Thanks,

Taurus

Paul Dowman

Nov 23, 2009, 9:35:41 PM11/23/09
to ec2-on-rai...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't support multiple apps, you'd need to fork it and customize it.

Paul