server goes to sleep?

Brian Hendrickson

Mar 5, 2012, 1:41:13 AM3/5/12
to ec2-for-poets

This weekend I set up my own server and it was a breeze! I've been
playing with River2, and outlining using OPML Editor on my Mac and
talking to the new server -- very cool stuff.

My first question is -- what's the trick to keep the server from going
to sleep? I sent a friend a link to my WorldOutline at http://brian.hoverkitty.com
but he couldn't see it until I Remote-Desktop-connected which woke it
up.

I dont normally deal with Windows servers so if anyone can tell me
what setting to change to keep my server alive 24/7, would be greatly
appreciated, thanks.
-- Brian

Dave Winer

Mar 5, 2012, 7:29:01 AM3/5/12
to ec2-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian, glad you were able to get the server running.

There shouldn't be a problem because the server, as configured, only turns the screen off after a while, but this has no effect on the software.

I was able to access your outline just now.

Dave

frank.m...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2012, 7:38:42 AM3/5/12
to ec2-fo...@googlegroups.com
You are probably logging out of the server, which shuts down the OPML editor. Try just disconnecting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad