External server name

Frank McPherson

Feb 17, 2012, 6:17:38 PM2/17/12
to ec2-for-poets
I have successfully spun up a server on Amazon following the
instructions provided in ec2-for-poets and I have opened startup page
on the server http://poetstartup.blorkmark.com/ and going through the
setup notes.

Should the value for external server name be the same as the AWS
external DNS name? That's all I have, with nothing else after it as
such: http://ec2-23-20-69-113.compute-1.amazonaws.com/

What you see there is the index.html page stored in the www folder
under OPML/Guest databases.

I can see a login prompt for OPML editor at
http://ec2-23-20-69-113.compute-1.amazonaws.com/opmlEditor when I
access remotely but I cannot log in. If I use the same URL above while
on the box using the admin id and password I created, it works.

What am I missing?

In case it helps, in the OPML program I am seeing an error "Can't find
a sub-table named "communityReadingList.opml""

Frank McPherson

Feb 20, 2012, 8:24:36 PM2/20/12
to ec2-for-poets
I posted this same question, written differently, on the Radio2 group
and got my issue resolved. The key is to create a CNAME for the AWS
public DNS name before setting up Radio2 so that you can provide it
when configuring Radio2.