newly appointed staff and consultants for the data trust project

Hawkins, Kevin

May 18, 2020, 1:56:53 PM5/18/20
to ebook-data-trus...@googlegroups.com

On behalf of the project team for Developing a Pilot Data Trust for Open Access eBook Usage, I’m pleased to announce the following staff and consultants who have joined our project to share their expertise with us over the pilot project period.

Christina Drummond, Data Trust Program Officer based in the USA at the Educopia Institute, will have chief responsibility for liaising with stakeholders in OA ebook publishing to publicize our project and lay the groundwork for launch of a data trust after the pilot period. She brings international experience in coalition development, stakeholder engagement, data analytics, and data policy in the higher education, public, and not-for-profit sectors.

Alkim Ozaygen, Product Manager based in Australia at Curtin University, will work closely with the data trust’s technical team and our pilot project partners on data aggregation and analysis development to ensure that the data trust meets community needs. Alkim recently completed his PhD which looked in depth at the power and value of usage data for open access monographs, including the challenges of matching identifiers for ebooks across data sources.

Aniek Roelofs, Data Scientist based in Australia at Curtin University, will be part of the technical team working to identify, integrate, and analyze diverse data sources. Aniek has extensive experience in data science and workflow management for large-scale data systems, coming from a background in bioinformatics.

Agnes Gambill, Legal Counsel Consultant based in the USA, will advise the team on relevant international law pertaining to data controlling, processing and the privacy, copyright, and other legal issues therein. She will apply her JD and LLM in law and entrepreneurship and  experience as head of scholarly communications at Appalachian State University (in the US) and as advisor to tech startups.

Fiona Murphy, Josh Brown, Phill Jones, and Alice Meadows, of the firm of Murphy Mitchell Consulting Ltd., Business Model Consultants based in the UK, will research and analyze potential sustainability and budgetary models for the data trust, contributing their firm’s deep experience with business-model development, OA publishing, and key intermediaries throughout the open-access ecosystem.

Michael Clarke and Laura Ricci, of the firm of Clarke & Esposito, Open Access Supply Chain Consultant based in the USA, will be responsible for analyzing and visualizing data supply chains across the eBook publishing ecosystem, leveraging their management consulting firm’s deep experience with scholarly publishing initiatives involving both not-for-profit and for-profit organizations.

You will be hearing from these team members in the weeks and months to come. Join me in welcoming them as we continue our work to improve OA eBook usage analytics!

Kevin Hawkins

University of North Texas Libraries