Question about dscompile output & conf files

Steven

Jan 14, 2014, 4:53:25 PM1/14/14
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
I've been reading through the eblearn tutorials and have a two questions about the first and second tutorials.

1. dscompile produced 4 mnist_train files. One of them was mnist_train_scales.mat. What information does this file contain?

2. In the tutorial2.conf file,  I can't find where 'thickness' & 'noutputs' are defined. I could see from comments in other conf files that 'thickness' seems to mean "use the same number of feature maps as in the prior layer" and that 'noutputs' seems to mean "use the same number of outputs (feature maps?) as classes. Is this correct? I've been reading through configuration.cpp & configuration.h trying to verify this, but so far have not been able to. Where should I be looking.

Thanks.