Train SVHN.conf - "Error: get_matrix_type failed to open svhn/svhn_ynuv7_test_data.mat ..."

Younes Benhamza

Nov 12, 2012, 4:02:47 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
When going to the http://eblearn.sourceforge.net/svhn_tutorial.html and try to do the Quick Tutorial, i have problem with both "train svhn.conf" and "train svhn_trained.conf". Of course i downloded all the data bases required.
So after some executionn, the program tell me:

"Error: get_matrix_type failed to open svhn/svhn_ynuv7_test_data.mat, in select_data_type at /home/you/eblearn/tools/tools/src/train.cpp:269

I wonder why?

Very Thanks,

soumith

Nov 12, 2012, 4:07:09 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
Can you check if this file exists
/home/you/eblearn/demos/svnh/svhn/svhn_ynuv7_test_data.mat

It looks like the system cant find it, so check if you extracted the data to the correct folder.

Younes Benhamza

Nov 12, 2012, 4:15:24 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com

Yes  the_minion, it exist

soumith

Nov 12, 2012, 4:16:43 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
Younes,

you have to put the dataset in svhn/svhn.
Right now, the data is in /home/you/eblearn/demos/svnh/
You need to put it in /home/you/eblearn/demos/svnh/svhn/

Younes Benhamza

Nov 12, 2012, 4:29:27 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com

Ok, but this what happen!!

Younes Benhamza

Nov 12, 2012, 4:32:50 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com

soumith

Nov 12, 2012, 4:49:47 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
aaahhh! yes, if you are using 32-bit system, you cant open datasets bigger than 4GB, pardon! If you use 64-bit system, it will all work.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Younes Benhamza <younesb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Younes Benhamza

Nov 12, 2012, 5:57:38 AM11/12/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
I will try on another machine of 64 bits, ans lets you informed as soosn as possible,
Very Thanks The_minion

Younes Benhamza

Nov 14, 2012, 4:35:16 AM11/14/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com

I installed a 64-bit ubuntu system, compile EBLearn on it.
but before continuing, it doesn't find "ebl2matlab" to compil it( even if its existe in my eblearn/tools/tolls/src)!!

soumith

Nov 14, 2012, 11:33:33 AM11/14/12
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Younes,

That's okay, it's not an error. It's an optional binary.