Question about tutorial 1

Jim

Dec 17, 2013, 12:57:23 AM12/17/13
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
I have just gone through Tutorial 1: Making Your Dataset From Images,  and have a couple of basic questions:

1. What is the effect of choosing kernelsz = 7x7? These MNIST images don't seem to be resized, so I would assume that this is somehow tied in with preprocessing
2. Are there preprocessing options? The tutorial seems to imply that there are, but doesn't make their usage explicit.

Thanks.

the_minion

Dec 18, 2013, 4:35:08 PM12/18/13
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
2. Are there preprocessing options? The tutorial seems to imply that there are, but doesn't make their usage explicit.
Yes, please have a look at the output of "dscompile" without any arguments.