Attempting to add MPI

Jim

Feb 7, 2014, 3:09:28 PM2/7/14
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
I am attempting to optimize my EBLearn installation and decided to first try adding MPI . I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 and have installed openmpi 1.6. However, when I run "make", I still get the following mpi related wrnings:

__ WARNING: Boost mpi not found (optional).
__ WARNING: MPI not found (optional).
__ WARNING: mpidetect will not be compiled because of missing MPI libraries (optional).

I've looked at FindCustom.cmake and found these commented out lines:

#IF ($ENV{USEMPI})
#  SET(MPI_FOUND TRUE)
#set(MPI_INCLUDE_PATH "/usr/include/openmpi-x86_64/")
#set(MPI_LIBRARIES "/usr/lib64/compat-openmpi/lib/")
#set(Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS "/usr/include/")
#INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})
#ENDIF ($ENV{USEMPI})

I suspect what I need to do is

1. export USEMPI=1
2. Change the commented out lines to read:

IF ($ENV{USEMPI})
 SET(MPI_FOUND TRUE)
set(MPI_INCLUDE_PATH "/usr/lib/openmpi/include")
set(MPI_LIBRARIES "/usr/lib/openmpi/lib")
set(Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS "/usr/include/")
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})
ENDIF ($ENV{USEMPI})

3. Then, try running "make" again.

Is the mpi version I'm using consistent with the one EBLearn expects to use? Am I correct in keeping the Boost related lines?

Thanks

Jim

Feb 8, 2014, 3:53:46 PM2/8/14
to ebl...@googlegroups.com
Never mind. I installed libboost-mpi and libboost-mpi-dev. This got rid of the warnings.