East Bay Bike Party - Friday 7.30pm at Lake Merritt BART

Dan Goldwater

Aug 12, 2010, 7:00:31 PM8/12/10
to ebbpr...@googlegroups.com, sfb...@lists.riseup.net
OK. Here it is, the official East Bay Bike Party SuperHero Ride Map for Aug 13 2010: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/ca/oakland/859128158719181474.
Socializing begins at 7:30pm at Lake Merritt BART and we leave at 8pm sharp. We’re planning on three stops during the ride, and one of them… is an ice cream stop. We’ve also done a little work behind the scenes so that when we finish the ride at the Parkway Lounge, the pizza cart will be outside and there will be drink specials waiting for us inside. Sweet, right?

As for terrain, it’s mostly flat. There are rises but nothing you’d really call a hill. In short, you don’t need to be a superhero to ride this route (but we’d love it if you dress like one). We expect it to be an epic night. Some quick things to think about:

1. If you plan to eat on or after the ride, you probably want to bring some cash. Pizza cart = cash. Ice cream.. not sure if it’s cash-only or not, but the lines sure move faster with cash.

2. Volunteers: Some of our big guns aren’t going to be with us on this ride, so the more people who can help us out (directing turns, holding cars back on side streets, reminding people to stick to one lane) the more smoothly things will go. If you’re interested in volunteering, you can email us at ebbik...@gmail.com or just show up at 7:30pm at Lake Merritt BART for the Volunteer Briefing.

3. If you’re costuming up, when putting your outfit together keep safety in mind. Make sure you can see (nothing blocking your sight), be seen, and don’t have anything loose, long, dangling or sticking out which might snag a wheel or someone else.

4. Lights and helmets – it’s the superhero way.

Again, click here for the route map: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/ca/oakland/859128158719181474. Spread the word – this Friday, the superheroes arrive in Oakland!