Fwd: Bug in upload handling in Ebb Server?

ry dahl

Jul 9, 2008, 3:12:16 PM7/9/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tomás Pollak <tomas...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Subject: Bug in upload handling in Ebb Server?

Hi Ryan,

I just wanted to let you know that it seems i found a bug in Ebb, your
amazing server. It has to do with upload handling (before the parsing
begins, I believe): Ebb just seems to behave erratically, giving those
"on_client_writable() got error event" errors every now and then, and
sometimes crashing with the last error about the assertion.

Ebb is listening at http://0.0.0.0:3000/
Ebb PID 7657
** Message: on_client_writable() got error event, closing peer
** Message: on_client_writable() got error event, closing peer
** Message: on_client_writable() got error event, closing peer
** Message: on_client_writable() got error event, closing peer
ruby1.8: ebb.c:35: set_nonblock: Assertion `0 <= fcntl(fd, 4, flags |
04000) && "Setting socket non-block failed!"' failed.
Aborted

(The "Aborted" message is because Ebb crashes, not because I shut it down).

It seems to me Ebb has some problems with files bigger than 1
megabyte... could that be the cause?

I wish I knew some C in order to submit a fix for this problem, but
unfortunately I don't!

Thanks anyway, and best of luck in your projects,
Tomás