Ebb without Rack?

1 view

Dae San Hwang

Jul 17, 2008, 3:11:52 PM7/17/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to use Ebb + Rack + Ruby 1.9. However, it seems
there are compatibility issues with Rack and Ruby 1.9. (Rack spec
states that String should respond to 'each' method, but Ruby 1.9
strings doesn't support 'each' any more. I tried adding 'each' method
to Ruby 1.9 strings but have been getting some really weird problems..)

Would it be possible to use Ebb without Rack?

Dae San Hwang

Jul 17, 2008, 3:45:45 PM7/17/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
I figured out what was happening. 'Content-Length' is incorrectly
calculated (when Ruby 1.9 is used with multi-byte strings) due to the
new encoding scheme employed by Ruby 1.9.

Ry, could you check out my correction on git://github.com/daesan/
ebb.git?

c_r

Jul 17, 2008, 4:12:18 PM7/17/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com

yep, ive been using ebb since very early version without rack, on Ruby 1.9

http://repo.or.cz/w/element.git?a=blob;f=ruby/daemon.ebb.rb

sorry if codes a bit cryptic..

c_r

Jul 17, 2008, 4:14:20 PM7/17/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
which reminds me, i had to go out of my way to use these new functions

since the option to manually write to the socket was removed

it makes Ebb much less useful for experimenting with HTTP

eg switching to RDF for the header fields, etc

Dae San Hwang

Jul 18, 2008, 4:52:38 AM7/18/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping to see a bit friendlier interface. ;)

By the way, is it new 1.9 lambda syntax your code is using? What does -
>h, ->d mean?

ry

Jul 19, 2008, 9:42:28 PM7/19/08
to ebbebb
okay - thanks

ry

ry

Jul 21, 2008, 9:43:39 AM7/21/08
to ebbebb
Hi cr,

I'm glad you mention this. I'm experimenting with new APIs and
currently, for libebb, I'm giving the user a direct write to socket.
But I wonder if something higher level might not be more helpful?

Can you give an example of a response you'd like to send that doesn't
work with the current api? I don't know what RDF header fields are

ry