Few bug fixes

Dharmarth

Sep 16, 2008, 3:42:11 AM9/16/08
to ebbebb
Hi Ry

Thanks for your wonderful work on ebb. I downloaded the latest code
from github, and used it for running a rails application. I found some
issues, and tried fixing them as per my understanding. The patch files
have been uploaded on this group. Hope they are useful.

1. Handling of zero content-length case for response body.
(empty_body.patch)

2. Missing HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH in env hash. (content_length.patch)

3. Handling of last header and its value at the time of request
parsing. (last_header.patch)

I also came across the following issue initially, but was not exactly
sure about the best way to resolve it. (I just commented out the
problematic line to get the thing running)

4. Thin.ruby_18? in rack/adapter/rails.rb gives missing constant
error.

Any suggestions on this one?

My development environment consists of Ubuntu 7.1, Ruby 1.8.6 and
Rails 2.1.

Thanks,
Dharmarth
Impetus Technologies

Dae San Hwang

Sep 17, 2008, 11:04:49 AM9/17/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dharmarth,

Ry is on vacation now and will check his email only once in a while. I
think he will return in October, so applying patches will need to wait
till then.

daesan

ry

Sep 19, 2008, 1:57:57 PM9/19/08
to ebbebb
Hey Dharmarth,

Thanks! As Daesan said, I'm away on vacation for the rest of the
month.
I'll test the patches and apply them when I return - I think they look
okay.

Not sure about #4 - I haven't seen that - i'll check it out

ry

ry

Oct 4, 2008, 1:28:26 PM10/4/08
to ebbebb
Hey Dharmarth,
I've merged your changes and fixed several bugs- which i believe will
fix #4.
a new release will be made soon - for now it's on github
ry

Dharmarth Shah

Oct 6, 2008, 7:45:18 AM10/6/08
to ebb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ry,

Thanks for accepting patches. I would be in touch with development, and contribute as per my understanding.

Thanks,
Dharmarth
Impetus Technologies

Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the CNBC emerging India 2008. Visit www.impetus.com for details.