Connection timeout watcher

Dharmarth

Feb 25, 2009, 5:32:57 AM2/25/09
to ebbebb
Ry,
I have been using ebb for a while, and it seems the connection timeout
watcher never expires. Looking at libev’s documentation I have made a
couple of changes, and they seem to fix the problem.

1. In method on_connection() present in ebb.c, replace ev_timer_start
() call for timeout_watcher with ev_timer_again().
2. Using the ev_timer_again() call without setting timer's repeat
vale, necessitates us to reorder the ev_init_timer() method’s
arguments for this watcher in the method ebb_connection_init().

- ev_timer_init(&connection->timeout_watcher, on_timeout,
EBB_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT, 0.);
+ ev_timer_init(&connection->timeout_watcher, on_timeout, 0.,
EBB_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT);

I have uploaded the connection-timeout-watcher.patch file to the group
that contains both the above changes.

Development Environment Details:
Ubuntu 8.1
libev(3.51) compiled with EV_USE_MONOTONIC=0
libebb (commit a919b9a4ef5d1f293bb1039357fb5acf103a09ad) (Latest as of
Feb 25, 2009)

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
Dharmarth
Impetus Technologies

Dharmarth

Mar 18, 2009, 8:24:04 AM3/18/09
to ebbebb
Ry,

If you got a chance, please have a look into connection-timeout-
watcher.patch.

Thanks,
Dharmarth
Impetus Technologies

ry

Mar 18, 2009, 1:30:40 PM3/18/09
to ebbebb
Hey Dharmarth,

Sorry for the delay - and thank you. This was a bug in my other
projects as well!

ry