The Future of Natural Gas - Wed. 9/29/21 at 5:30 pm

Annette Mills

Sep 26, 2021, 11:47:46 PMSep 26
to in...@sustainablecorvallis.org

Concerned about climate change?
ere’s a chance to find out how you can influence public policy…

Oregon Regulatory Pathways to Decarbonize Energy:

THE FUTURE OF NATURAL GAS

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

5:30 to 7:00 pm via Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89949536527?pwd=U0c0a3ZqZ1BlL0FndHBIZ0dLVWs3UT09

SPEAKER: Christy Anderson Brekken

We have little time to decarbonize our energy systems.

The science of climate change is clear and the necessary technology is available and economically feasible.

Now is the time for government policy to speed the transformation to a clean energy economy.

Join us for this special program on Wednesday to learn about
the authority of different government bodies to set clean energy policy,
and current opportunities to advocate for reducing methane
from the use of natural gas in our energy system.

Our speaker, Christy Anderson Brekken, is President of the board of Oregon Citizens’ Utility Board (CUB).

CUB represents the interests of Oregon’s residential utility customers before administrative, judicial, and legislative bodies.

Christy is also an Instructor in the Department of Applied Economics at Oregon State University.

This event is the second of two opportunities offered by the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

for community members to find out what they can do

to address climate change by influencing public policy at the state level.

Sponsored by the Sustainability Coalition’s Energy Action Team

image001.jpg