Community Solar in Corvallis

Dan Orzech

Apr 18, 2022, 5:48:47 PM4/18/22
to EATCor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
As I mentioned at our meeting last week, this is a great opportunity for the city and Corvallis residents. There’s a grant deadline coming up soon, and we need to do two things:

1) Start identifying people in Corvallis who’d like to get their electricity from solar, at a 5% or more discount to Pacific Power rates.

2) Have the City agree to let Solarize Corvallis use the land for community solar. Since it won’t cost the city a penny, and will lower their electric bills, and they don’t have any plans to use the land for anything else, it seems like it should be a no-brainer.

Best,

Dan

Dan Orzech
General Manager
Oregon Clean Power Cooperative

(610) 650-7755 (c)
(541) 230-1259 (o)
d...@oregoncleanpower.coop

Logo small.jpg
Corvallis Community Solar 4-11-22.pdf

Kirk Rensmeyer

Apr 19, 2022, 9:53:58 PM4/19/22
to Dan Orzech, EATCor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
Was this the program you were reffering to?
https://www.oregon.gov/energy/Incentives/Pages/CREP.aspx

ODOE is going to be issuing grants for Community Solar.
Kirk Rensmeyer
> --
> ——————
> Energy Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
>
> VISION: Corvallis has achieved energy security and net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
>
> https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/energy/
> ---
>
> --
> ——————
> Energy Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
>
> VISION: Corvallis has achieved energy security and net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
>
> https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/energy/
> ---
>
> --
> ——————
> Energy Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
>
> VISION: Corvallis has achieved energy security and net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
>
> https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/energy/
> ---

Dan Orzech

Apr 19, 2022, 11:10:45 PM4/19/22
to Kirk Rensmeyer, EATCor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kirk,
Yes, the CREP grant. It’s not specifically for Community Solar, but Community Solar projects are eligible.