Error on postMessage after hitting back button in IE8 + IE9

Jackson Tomlinson

Nov 22, 2013, 10:31:17 AM11/22/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
I have a provider frame with a single page Backbone router inside.  The consumer is able to perform a Socket.postMessage to the provider and vice versa so long as the provider is on the original route or navigates forward.  As soon as the back button is hit in the browser (navigating the iframe back 1 route) the consumer experiences the "Can't execute code from a freed script" error (IE specific).  Interestingly, the provider can still send messages to the consumer and the consumer's Socket.onMessage function will fire.  In fact, doing something along the lines of window.frames[1].window.postMessage(...) from the consumer continues to work - that is the Socket.onMessage function in the *provider* will fire as well.

Any thoughts?

Jackson Tomlinson

Nov 25, 2013, 7:23:27 PM11/25/13
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Solved this by ditching easyXDM in favor of porthole.js.  Honestly, easyXDM was probably a little overkill for what we needed; we are only supporting IE8 and up (along with decent browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc).