error:url is undefined /firefox3.6+firebug/

xie

Nov 9, 2010, 4:01:51 AM11/9/10
to easyxdm
i follow:
Setting up your first Socket
http://easyxdm.net/wp/2010/03/17/setting-up-your-first-socket/

but the provider code:
1 var socket = new easyXDM.Socket({
2 onMessage: function(message, origin){
3 alert("Received '" + message + "' from '" + origin + "'");
4 socket.postMessage("Indeed it does!");
5 }
6 });

in firebug console i get :
TypeError: url is undefined { message="url is undefined", more...}

and i found that error play at function resolveUrl in file easyXDM.js

where is the problems?please help

Øyvind Sean Kinsey

Nov 9, 2010, 4:05:17 AM11/9/10
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Are you perhaps opening the provider in your browser?
It's the consumer you are supposed to open in the browser, this will in turn load the provider with the necessary arguments.

Let me know if this is not the case ;)

kishore m

Feb 12, 2014, 4:07:26 AM2/12/14
to eas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

Is there any way that i can load provider first and then easyXDM load consumer.

my use case is just to share message across multiple domains from my app domain.

eample : myapp is in domain1 which will be loaded first
myapp2 called from myapp which is in other domain so now i need to make a sync of some timer parameter using easyXDM .

i can't make myapp as a consumer. so please help give me your views.

Thanks in advance