Student Video is "Squished"

Jennifer Scott Barnier

Jan 16, 2022, 5:00:01 PM1/16/22
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hello all! I am using EasyVirtualChoir for students to combined edited audio tracks (exported from Soundtrap) and video for a final Performance Recital. One student emailed me, saying "for some reason, when I record on easyvirtualchoir, my video gets squished" and asking for assistance. I have asked him for clarification, but in the meanwhile, I have two questions:
1) If he is a member of a group I have set up and he adds his project to the group - am I able to go in and view his video and help troubleshoot, or is it not visible until he publishes it?
2) What could be causing the "squished" video, and what can I do/tell him to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Allan Jiang

Jan 19, 2022, 4:51:56 PM1/19/22
to EasyVirtualChoir
When the video is distorted it is usually a problem with the webcam. You may ask your student either to switch webcams (or switch computers) and see if that helps.

If you have a bronze membership or above, you may also download the student's video after it is published, resize it in another software, and re-upload the track into the website. You may find more details about memberships here: https://easyvirtualchoir.com/membership