trouble exporting.... please help?

Mari'an van Loon

Mar 22, 2021, 4:04:50 AMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hi all

Since yesterday the 'begin export' button gets stuck. No matter small or larger file. It does count my export efforts but never finishes one. I have already deleted all reloaded tracks but that does not help.

Thanks for helping out!

Best regards
Mari'an

Jim Kulpa

Mar 22, 2021, 7:51:52 AMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
I am having the same problem. It seems to be stuck!!

Helping You Harmonise

Mar 22, 2021, 9:07:48 AMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
And another one with the same problem. Has been fine up until now, so hopefully this is a temporary and easily resolved glitch...

I'm assuming as there are several of us with the same problem that the issue is with the site, but if there's something we need to do, let us know!

thank you!
liz

Kevin Larsen

Mar 22, 2021, 10:46:05 AMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
Same for me! I contacted them to address the issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, because this site helped me so much this year.

-Kevin

Allan Jiang

Mar 22, 2021, 11:55:22 AMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
We've had an unusually high volume of export requests today so the export server is getting overwhelmed. Please be patient as we increase processing to handle the backlog of jobs.

This is starting to consume lots of resources for us now -- I'm already paying over $1000 / month to maintain the service -- and that amount grows quickly the more processing power I need to add to the system for things like song exports.
I'm hoping to create a membership option in the coming couple of days to give folks the option to support us on a monthly basis — I'd sure appreciate it if you helped to support us! That's the only way we can keep the site going in the long run :)

Allan

Jim Kulpa

Mar 22, 2021, 11:57:24 AMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
I would be more than happy to send you money for your service if it works for my ensemble.

Jim

Martha Ann Burford

Mar 22, 2021, 11:59:36 AMMar 22
to Jim Kulpa, EasyVirtualChoir
I have sent money twice-and will continue to. In gratitude, and also understanding this takes time and skill and storage and more.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martha

Martha Jones Burford (she/her/hers)
Minister of Music, Grace Episcopal Church, Lexington, Virginia
Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music, The Episcopal Church
Co-Editor, Church Music Forward

In Franciscan parlance, Jesus did not come to change the mind of God about humanity; Jesus came to change the mind of humanity about God. ~Richard Rohr

Helping You Harmonise

Mar 22, 2021, 12:46:04 PMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
Thank you for the explanation Allan. I fear the backlog might be temporarily worse due to repeat attempts when it was hanging :-(

If you wanted to reduce the number of exports per hour per account I'd think that would be a very reasonable way of managing the resources. Five per hour is very generous and maybe we all need to be a bit more mindful about not using more than necessary.

And thank you for the site. It is awesome.

Allan Jiang

Mar 22, 2021, 6:53:02 PMMar 22
to EasyVirtualChoir
Many thanks for your generous support -- I really appreciate it! :) Working on this site and seeing how many people are able to benefit is a dream come true for me -- thank you for supporting this effort!

I spent this morning setting up two more servers to handle song exports -- we should now be able to handle workloads like what we saw this morning!

And Liz, thank you for your suggestion! I'll take it into account in the coming updates I make to the system!

Allan

Allan Jiang

Mar 23, 2021, 12:39:57 PMMar 23
to EasyVirtualChoir
I updated the system last night -- it prevents duplicate exports and lets you know your position in the queue if we have a backlog.

Thanks for your patience yesterday: we should be set up to handle a larger load now! :)

Allan

Allan Jiang

Mar 26, 2021, 3:07:16 PMMar 26
to EasyVirtualChoir
update: looks like I fixed the speed issues in the update last night! Things should be a lot faster now during those peak hours. Thanks for your understanding as worked through those "growth pains"!
Allan