adding students

AnneMarie Neudorf

Dec 29, 2020, 11:32:35 AM12/29/20
to EasyVirtualChoir
How do I add students to join as members and add a track to my song?  I tried sharing a link with them, but then they would be able to get right into my easyvirtualchoir login.

Thanks!

Tobias

Dec 29, 2020, 12:04:22 PM12/29/20
to EasyVirtualChoir
Was just describing the same problem. Perhaps an Assignment function where you add the emails and tracks/parts would solve the problem? As I think about it (I'm not a choir director or music teacher), the function would have a number of states or steps.

Unassigned - You create a list of the tracks or parts you need for the recording, noting an instrument or vocal part.
Assigned - That status changes to Assigned when you assign a student or member a part/track. Enter their email, and a note. Hit send. They get a link with a message that you have assigned them a part.
Opened - The status changes to Opened when the student or member opens the assignment in EVC.
Working - Once the student or member records a part/track, the state changes to Working.
Waiting Review - When the student or member is satisfied with the part/track, they click a "Submit" button changing the status to Waiting Review. You get an alert the next time you log into the application.
Director or teacher reviews the part/track. You have two options at this point:
Rerecord - If the submitted part/track has a problem, you flag it as Rerecord and add a note. This sends an email to the student or member with a link asking them to rerecord the track and providing the reason. The status is set back to "Assigned" and the steps repeat from that point forward.
Accepted - When you are satisfied with a track, you click an "Accepted" button triggering a message to the student or member that you have accepted the recording. Perhaps the app might want to include the ability for you to send a note when you click "Accept".

The step names are just suggestions. You might have better ones!

AnneMarie Neudorf

Dec 29, 2020, 3:01:02 PM12/29/20
to Tobias, EasyVirtualChoir
These are great suggestions, Tobias!

Annemarie Neudorf
K - 6 Music Teacher
Horace Allen School
Isabelle Sellon School

Allan Jiang

Dec 29, 2020, 8:55:17 PM12/29/20
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hello!

To add students, share the link with them. They can join by signing in using their school email address (if your school uses Gmail for email).

Tobias,

Thank you for these suggestions! I have been thinking about adding various management features like this, and have been building up quite the todo list!

Re the re-record state, at the moment you can (kind of) accomplish this by renaming your student's track title to include a note about their track. It will not send the email for you, but it is a simple way to mark a video as satisfactory or needing a redo, etc.

Again, thank you for these suggestions!

Allan