Feature Request

Tobias

Dec 29, 2020, 11:42:43 AM12/29/20
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hi, Low priority feature request: The ability to export a .WAV or other multi-track audio, allow it to be processed in an external DAW, and then uploaded back to the Song. Thanks, Toby

Use Case:

User creates a copy of original video with all tracks.
User exports multi-channel audio recording from video (WAV, FLACK, OGG or other).
Outside EVC, User edits, produces and cleans up tracks, and outputs a stereo MP3 VBR or 320k.
User uploads MP3 audio to EVC
User mutes all original tracks and syncs new audio to video

Not sure what other apps you have looked at. I've used Accapella (iOS) with a group and found it works well once figured out, but falls short in a number of places. It's biggest issue is that it's difficult and clumsy for a diverse age group. IMHO, the Product Manager did not consider non-digital natives when developing the app. We've had to create our own how-to-videos for older choir members. Since the app only works on iOS, using something like TeamViewer to help them is next to impossible.

Pros:
On mix down, Accapella has by track speed correction, pan, equalization, and some effects built in.

Cons:
1) The name. When using search engines it makes it almost impossible to find user-generated support for the product.
2) When building a multi-track recording, users pass it from one person to the next, if someone doesn't record their part, there is no way of knowing who has the recording, or if they have recorded their part. There is opportunity here in building a function that creates and monitors assignments.
3) User recording is clumsy. There are three controls buried in the app that are hard to find. The playback level of other parts, the User's microphone level, and the User's own monitor level.
4) iOS limits the ability to use high-quality microphones, and A2D converters.

Allan Jiang

Dec 30, 2020, 12:50:18 AM12/30/20
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Yes, a couple have asked for a feature to export audio for pro mixing in a DAW. I felt this wasn't so "easy" as our name suggests, but as more folks are finding the site for more purposes, I am thinking about ways of helping more professional choir users.

Allan