Realigning and Volume Edits

Caroline Harrison

Feb 17, 2021, 11:23:18 AM2/17/21
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hi Allan,

Thanks for this amazing program!

I'm having a few issues:

1. In Edit mode, I've lowered the volume on my accompaniment track and/or a student's track, save the edit, but when I play it back, it is unchanged.
2. The same happens when I realigned a student's track - in the Realign mode, it was perfect, then playing it back, it was no different than the original recording when the students' track was ahead of other tracks. *In the video where you show how to realign, it looks like you are in Remix, but you don't mention this...should I go to Remix before Realigning? Also, do I need to export again after editing/realigning?
2. In Edit mode, pressing play at the bottom of the screen either doesn't work or it plays, but for only about 3 seconds.

Thank you!
Caroline

Allan Jiang

Feb 18, 2021, 5:07:22 AM2/18/21
to EasyVirtualChoir
Changing volumes in Edit mode and Realigning tracks will update the playback in the Song Studio. To get all tracks to play in the studio, make sure you click "Load all tracks".
If the song is still freezing up (it's more tracks than your computer can handle), visit "Edit Mode" and Preview 5 or 10 tracks at a time. This will prevent the freezing.

To get those changes to reflect in the exported video, you will need to export it again. My recommendation is to get everything sounding right in the Song Studio before running a new export.

Cheers!
Allan

Allan Jiang

Feb 27, 2021, 5:09:48 AM2/27/21
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hi Caroline, I found out that we did indeed have an issue with realignments not getting into the final exported version -- it's fixed now. I believe the volume changes are working -- let me know if you are experiencing otherwise. Thanks so much for your patience! - Allan

Caroline Harrison

Apr 19, 2021, 5:31:36 PM4/19/21
to EasyVirtualChoir
Hi Allan,

I'm still having some issues (I've attached link):
 - I still cannot play tracks in Edit Mode even when I change it to show 5 tracks per view, so in order to see who needs to be realigned, I have to go right to Realign tracks.
 - I have been able to realign some tracks but now MOST of the time; I go into Realign Tracks, pull up the track to realign, select Render audio waves, then press the play button and either nothing happens or it plays for a few seconds.

Please let me know what to do as soon as you can. I am hoping to have a couple of recordings in lieu of spring concert for my 6th-8th grade choirs!

Please feel free to go to link and check it out. https://easyvirtualchoir.com/song/31428/studio?edit=true&page=0&limit=5

Thank you so much!
Caroline

Caroline Harrison

Apr 22, 2021, 4:45:25 PM4/22/21
to EasyVirtualChoir
Is anyone else having these issues?

 - I still cannot play tracks in Edit Mode even when I change it to show 5 tracks per view, so in order to see who needs to be realigned, I have to go right to Realign tracks.
 - I have been able to realign some tracks but now MOST of the time; I go into Realign Tracks, pull up the track to realign, select Render audio waves, then press the play button and either nothing happens or it plays for a few seconds.

Any help is welcome!

Caroline

Allan Jiang

Apr 27, 2021, 5:22:29 PM4/27/21
to EasyVirtualChoir
Looks like we figured this out during Office Hours!