Testing starting of an application

Marcin Sanecki

Jul 22, 2013, 5:24:14 AM7/22/13
to easyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I need to test that the application can be started. This should be some kind of availability test. The main idea is to use a scheduler and start the app cyclically.
The problem is that when I close the app under test the MyClass.main is also terminated. Any tips?

MyClass{

        ScheduledExecutorService scheduler = Executors
                .newScheduledThreadPool(1);
        scheduler.scheduleAtFixedRate(new Runnable() {

        GuiActionRunner.execute(new GuiTask() {
            @Override
            protected void executeInEDT() throws Throwable {
                 ApplicationLauncher.application(Main.class).start();

                 // some GUI events to close the app

            }
        });

            }
        }, 4, 60, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

    }

}

Regards,
Marcin

Martin

Jul 23, 2013, 8:17:17 AM7/23/13
to easyt...@googlegroups.com
Please explain more about what your test is trying to accomplish.  You want to launch the application every 60 seconds?  What is the goal of this test?

Marcin Sanecki

Jul 25, 2013, 3:16:43 AM7/25/13
to easyt...@googlegroups.com
You know what? I ask the same question after I wrote my post :)

I am trying to use fest to create performance tests for a swing application. I know that fest is for functional test but want to try it for end-to-test as well.
I got some test cases and I am trying to automate them. The Robot performs some actions and the time between them is measured.

Generally what I need to do is to measure the GUI response time between certain actions.