[fest-swing] AssertJ Swing announcement (continuation of fest-swing)

christian

Jun 29, 2014, 10:22:05 AM6/29/14
to easyt...@googlegroups.com
Dear FEST users,

I am Christian Roesch (https://github.com/croesch) and my topic today is
to announce a fork of FEST: AssertJ-Swing.

I'm using FEST (fest-swing, I'll refer to it as FEST) now for four years
and I find it really useful. Unfortunately I noticed that FEST isn't
actively maintained by Alex anymore.

Half a year ago I wrote to Alex and the main developers of FEST. Joel
Costigliola replied and told me about AssertJ (assertj.org). It's a fork
of fest-assert and I joined him. A few weeks later I announced AssertJ-Swing
via mail to all people that participated in open FEST issues. (If you are
one of them, please excuse and that mail might contain a lot of duplicate
information for you.) Since then we worked on the first release of
AssertJ-Swing.

Currently we are in beta state. We uploaded the version of AssertJ-Swing
to github so that you can test it if you want.
See:
https://github.com/joel-costigliola/assertj-swing/releases/tag/1.0.0-beta

You might give a try to AssertJ (Swing) or stick with Fest. We just want
to inform you that there exists a fork of FEST that might be developed in
a different way to FEST (see Joel's mail from last year
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/easytesting/jzlArBdFrfI ).

The first version of AssertJ-Swing (as the beta version reflects) equals
the current snapshot version of FEST available on github plus some

  * adaptations: Java 7, usage with latest AssertJ version, naming.

  * Fixes. For instance the Timeouts can now be ensured.

We are willing to add lots of new features, cool stuff and develop
AssertJ-Swing continuously. So we are looking forward to publishing not
only version one of AssertJ-Swing but many more in future.

All (JIRA and github) issues have been imported to our github project
site. So that we can take action and implement the features that have
been open for FEST for a long time.

Do you want to participate? Great! Let us know how  There are a lot
of ways you can help bringing this project forward. Also we are really
interested in any code you've written for your project while using
FEST that should get part of the library!

Are you interested in being notified about further updates? Please let us
know! How can you contact us? Any way is just great - may it via mail, github,
twitter, ...

We wish you a nice day and have fun with testing

Christian and Joel