Planning a FEST Assert 2.0M9 release

Joel Costigliola

Feb 22, 2013, 5:26:04 AM2/22/13
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I think it would be good to make a small release of FEST assert in order to fix some bugs and add minor features.

I know Alex is doing a major refactoring on the codebase in the master branch, this is why I propose to create a branch starting from the 2.0M8 tag.
Moreover I will take care of merging those bugfixes on the master branch once Alex is done with the refactoring (maybe there won't be anything to do if Alex already fixed the bugs shipped in the 2.0M9).

Alex, have you made good progress on the refactoring ? Have you any idea on when it will be done ?

I strongly think that this small release is worth it.

Cheers,

Joel

Ted M. Young [@jitterted]

Feb 22, 2013, 12:25:56 PM2/22/13
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
I support a branch or a fork.

;ted

Alex Ruiz

Feb 23, 2013, 1:45:54 PM2/23/13
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
In the spirit of open source, you can either branch based on the code base of M8 or fork.

I don't agree with the vision of FEST-Assert should accept every single user request and include everything and the kitchen sink. Yes, user know what they need, but it may fit in the overall design of the project. I'm more interested in releasing a small clean core and let users extend it based on their own needs. That's the work being done currently in the main branch.