Cleaning up the code base

Alex Ruiz

Aug 23, 2012, 5:00:51 AM8/23/12
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
Hey team,

I'm going through the code base doing some cleanup: formatting (e.g. the header comment in almost most files exceeds 120 chars), refactoring ( e.g. https://github.com/alexruiz/fest-util/commit/5e967a38336502962ebfdac4283ce3c2f5b89867 ) and rolling back changes (e.g. https://github.com/alexruiz/fest-util/pull/1 ) when appropriate.

The next release will definitely not backwards compatible with the previous one. Better now than after releasing 2.0. I'm sorry if I have to undo some of the previous work. I'll document the changes I make with bug reports.

We won't release a new version till I'm done. I'm spending at least 2 to 3 hours a day doing this cleanup.

Cheers,
-Alex

Joel Costigliola

Aug 23, 2012, 5:20:21 AM8/23/12
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have set line wrapping to 130 chars and forgot to tell you (oops !), it is in the commited formatters preference file.

Joel

Alex Ruiz

Aug 23, 2012, 5:28:19 AM8/23/12
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
No worries Joel, it is a tiny little issue, no big deal. I'm visiting every single file in the code base to understand what's going on...and pressing Cmd+Shift+F to fix the header comment :)

Cheers,
-Alex

Joel Costigliola

Aug 23, 2012, 5:38:20 AM8/23/12
to easytes...@googlegroups.com
Alex, do you want to come back to 120 chars line ?
In that case we should change it in the commited fest formatting prefs and update the wiki accordingly.