easy_install issue

laneybar

Apr 10, 2010, 5:22:43 AM4/10/10
to easyshop
Hi

I must be doing something wrong.

I have a attempted to install easyshop with easy_install however the
install terminates when it attempts to get "ssl-forsetuptools" because
it cannot find it in PyPI etc.

Processing dependencies for easyshop.core
Searching for ssl-for-setuptools
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/ssl-for-setuptools/
Couldn't find index page for 'ssl-for-setuptools' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
No local packages or download links found for ssl-for-setuptools
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('ssl-
for-setup
tools')

Can you suggest a solution to this seemingly simple problem? I have a
Plone installed on a Windows platform and it is kept up to date.

Many Thanks

Pete

danielle davout

Apr 10, 2010, 7:11:12 AM4/10/10
to easy...@googlegroups.com
According to
http://bluedynamics.com/articles/jens/build-python-in-buildout

Do not forget that a Python built in this manner most of the time does
not ship the bz2, zlib, ssl, dbm modules etc...
If the dependencies needed for those modules are not found, the
modules are not built, and the recipe in a way "fails silently".

To check after Python build that those modules are around, you could
add a plone.command checking the following:
bin/python2.4 -c 'import _ssl'
bin/python2.4 -c 'import bz2'
bin/python2.4 -c 'import dbm'
bin/python2.4 -c 'import zlib'

so if you were under Debian you would to do first:
sudo apt-get install libreadline5-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libssl-dev
libjpeg62-dev
# any other requirements here
Have you read http://plone.org/documentation/kb/using-buildout-on-windows ?

ned14

Apr 10, 2010, 12:19:43 PM4/10/10
to easyshop
The other bit of documentation added recently which may be useful is
http://code.google.com/p/easyshop-for-plone/wiki/StartToEndTutorial.

Cheers,
Niall

On Apr 10, 12:11 pm, danielle davout <danielle.dav...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> According tohttp://bluedynamics.com/articles/jens/build-python-in-buildout

> Do not forget that a Python built in this manner most of the time does
> not ship the bz2, zlib, ssl, dbm modules etc...
> If the dependencies needed for those modules are not found, the
> modules are not built, and the recipe in a way "fails silently".
>
> To check after Python build that those modules are around, you could
> add a plone.command checking the following:
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import _ssl'
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import bz2'
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import dbm'
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import zlib'
>
> so if you were under Debian you would to do first:
> sudo apt-get install libreadline5-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libssl-dev
> libjpeg62-dev
>         # any other requirements here
> Have you readhttp://plone.org/documentation/kb/using-buildout-on-windows?
>

> On 4/10/10, laneybar <mrpjl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > I must be doing something wrong.
>
> > I have a attempted to install easyshop with easy_install however the
> > install terminates when it attempts to get "ssl-forsetuptools" because
> > it cannot find it in PyPI etc.
>
> > Processing dependencies for easyshop.core
> > Searching for ssl-for-setuptools

> > Readinghttp://pypi.python.org/simple/ssl-for-setuptools/

> > Couldn't find index page for 'ssl-for-setuptools' (maybe misspelled?)
> > Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)

> > Readinghttp://pypi.python.org/simple/

laneybar

Apr 12, 2010, 12:35:05 AM4/12/10
to easyshop

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for that

> To check after Python build that those modules are around, you could
> add a plone.command checking the following:
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import _ssl'
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import bz2'
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import dbm'
>     bin/python2.4 -c 'import zlib'

The dbm package gives me the 'desired' import error - but I cannot
find this in PyPI to rectify.

Although I am still confused that the issue flags the 'ssl-for-
setuptools' package as being the problem.

Where should I go from here? Find the package or move from Windows to
Linux?

> Have you readhttp://plone.org/documentation/kb/using-buildout-on-windows?

Yep thanks - reading them both was a must before posting my
question :)

Thanks again,

Pete

ned14

Apr 12, 2010, 6:12:49 AM4/12/10
to easyshop
On Apr 12, 5:35 am, laneybar <mrpjl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Where should I go from here? Find the package or move from Windows to
> Linux?

If I had to take a guess, I would say it is the buildout rather than
the Windows which is at fault. The tutorial I linked to above had
instructions for how to modify Plone's buildout.cfg to have it include
Easyshop. It might be worth following its instructions on Windows,
including the fetching of the repo from SVN. If it doesn't work on
Windows, let me know and I'll fix the tutorial.

HTH,
Niall

Kai Diefenbach

Apr 12, 2010, 6:27:58 AM4/12/10
to easyshop
Hi,

On 12 Apr., 06:35, laneybar <mrpjl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Where should I go from here? Find the package or move from Windows to
> Linux?

Move to *nix OS.

You would never deploy an serious shop under windows.

Kai

laneybar

Apr 12, 2010, 7:01:07 AM4/12/10
to easyshop

> If I had to take a guess, I would say it is the buildout rather than
> the Windows which is at fault. The tutorial I linked to above had
> instructions for how to modify Plone's buildout.cfg to have it include
> Easyshop. It might be worth following its instructions on Windows,
> including the fetching of the repo from SVN. If it doesn't work on
> Windows, let me know and I'll fix the tutorial.

Will do...