easyshop instance creating problem

Alex Zhang

May 31, 2010, 6:19:25 PM5/31/10
to easyshop
Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you because of the easyshop install problem.
I'm learning to build a web shop based on plone 3.3.1
Today I follow the introduction linked from:
http://code.google.com/p/easyshop-for-plone/wiki/StartToEndTutorial
step by step, I ssuccess to show the easyshop on my products list:
EasyShop 0.1a1dev-r1704
An out-of-the-box online-shop for Plone.
Install log for easyshop.core
Status
installed
Transcript
2010-05-31 08:44:40Installed via setup tool
But when I click the "Add New.." button, I can't get an "Easyshop"
item in the Add New drop down menu.
Could you please help me to check the reason and find solution?

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes
Alex Zhang
al...@kyholdings.com
www.kyholdings.com
www.buyerclub.cn

ned14

Jun 1, 2010, 8:36:20 AM6/1/10
to easyshop
Can you supply some Zope logs from the point of starting Zope after
modifying your buildout to include Easyshop?

And you're definitely adding Easyshop to buildout, running buildout,
starting Zope, adding a new Plone website, installing the Easyshop
product in that new Plone website, then trying to add a new Easyshop
on the front page of the new Plone website?

Niall
> a...@kyholdings.comwww.kyholdings.comwww.buyerclub.cn

Alex Zhang

Jun 1, 2010, 9:30:57 AM6/1/10
to easyshop
Hi Niall,

Glad to receive your reply.
Actruely I do install programe step by step as you listed.

But I don't know how to check the Zope logs from the point of starting
Zope after modifying my buildout to include Easyshop.
Please guide me step by step. thanks a lot.

Alex
> > a...@kyholdings.comwww.kyholdings.comwww.buyerclub.cn- Hide quoted text -

ned14

Jun 1, 2010, 10:28:00 AM6/1/10
to easyshop
Well this isn't really the forum for step by step guides on how to use
Zope. However, your buildout.cfg will specify where Zope should put
its logs. On a ZEO cluster they'll default to <buildout dir>/var/
client?/ and they'll be called event.log and Z2.log. You simply search
through these and copy & paste the relevant sections.

Niall
> > > a...@kyholdings.comwww.kyholdings.comwww.buyerclub.cn-Hide quoted text -

Alex Zhang

Jun 1, 2010, 11:36:30 AM6/1/10
to easyshop
Hi Niall,

I wonder if the following meaasges is you asked:

File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/python/
OFS/Application.py", line 881, in install_package
init_func(newContext)
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/src/easyshop.buildout/
src/easyshop.core/easyshop/core/__init__.py", line 14, in initialize
import easyshop.carts.content
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/src/easyshop.buildout/
src/easyshop.carts/easyshop/carts/content/__init__.py", line 1, in ?
import cart, cart_item, carts_container
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/src/easyshop.buildout/
src/easyshop.carts/easyshop/carts/content/cart_item.py", line 11, in ?
from Products.DataGridField import DataGridField, DataGridWidget
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/src/DataGridField-1.7/
Products/DataGridField/__init__.py", line 38, in ?
from Products.DataGridField import validators
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/src/DataGridField-1.7/
Products/DataGridField/validators.py", line 13, in ?
class DataGridValidator:
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/
python/zope/interface/advice.py", line 132, in advise
return callback(newClass)
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/
python/zope/interface/declarations.py", line 485, in
_implements_advice
classImplements(cls, *interfaces)
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/
python/zope/interface/declarations.py", line 462, in classImplements
spec.declared += tuple(_normalizeargs(interfaces))
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/
python/zope/interface/declarations.py", line 1371, in _normalizeargs
_normalizeargs(v, output)
File "/home/kyholdings/webapps/xsara/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/
python/zope/interface/declarations.py", line 1370, in _normalizeargs
for v in sequence:
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
iteration over non-sequence
------
2010-05-31T09:11:12 INFO Application New disk product detected,
determining if we need to fix up any ZClasses.
------
2010-05-31T09:11:13 INFO Zope Ready to handle requests
------
2010-05-31T09:12:55 INFO ApplicationManager Restart requested by
"kyholdings"
------
2010-05-31T09:12:55 INFO ZServer closing HTTP to new connections
------
2010-05-31T09:12:59 INFO ZServer HTTP server started at Mon May 31
09:12:59 2010
Hostname: 0.0.0.0
Port: 19366
------
2010-05-31T09:13:04 ERROR Application Could not import
Products.DataGridField
Traceback (most recent call last):

Best Wishes
Alex

Lôc Cosnier

Jun 1, 2010, 12:53:14 PM6/1/10
to easy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Maybe, you need to try Products.DataGridField-1.6.1 instead of 1.7.

Kind regards,

L�c

Le 01/06/2010 17:36, Alex Zhang a �crit :

Alex Zhang

Jun 1, 2010, 9:55:36 PM6/1/10
to easyshop
Hi Loc,

It's the way to fix the problem maybe.
Anyway I will try.
But how can I uninstall the Products.DataGridField 1.7? Or need to
uninstall both easyshop together with Products.DataGridField 1.7?
Please guide me to do the above with thanks

Alex

Lôc Cosnier

Jun 2, 2010, 6:16:22 AM6/2/10
to easy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Download DataGridField here http://plone.org/products/datagridfield/releases/1.6.1/Products.DataGridField-1.6.1.tar.gz
If you followed the tuto StartToEndTutorial for EasyShop, you need to extract DataGridField in the src directory, the same where is DataGridField-1.7 and change the buildout.cfg

develop =
    src/Products.DataGridField-1.6.1
instead of

develop =
    src/DataGridField-1.7

Lôc

Maik Derstappen, Derstappen IT

Jun 2, 2010, 7:40:01 AM6/2/10
to easy...@googlegroups.com
Am 02.06.2010 03:55, schrieb Alex Zhang:
> Hi Loc,
>
> It's the way to fix the problem maybe.
> Anyway I will try.
> But how can I uninstall the Products.DataGridField 1.7? Or need to
> uninstall both easyshop together with Products.DataGridField 1.7?
> Please guide me to do the above with thanks

just add the following to your buildout.cfg under the eggs section:

[versions]

Products.DataGridField = 1.6.1

;)

regards maik derstappen

Derstappen I T Consulting Tel: +49 ( 341 ) 600 13 0 31
Zope/E-Mail/Backup/Monitoring Mobil: +49 ( 178 ) 861 2 833
M a i k D e r s t a p p e n Fax: +49 ( 180 ) 5 021 121 90 56
H e r l o ß s o h n s t r 12 Email: maik.de...@derstappen-it.de
0 4 1 5 5 L e i p z i g Internet: http://www.derstappen-it.de

ned14

Jun 2, 2010, 8:08:23 AM6/2/10
to easyshop
Indeed, the tutorial says to install DataGridField in src/ just like
this in its Introduction. But the other way of pinning its version via
buildout.cfg works fine too.

Niall

On Jun 2, 11:16 am, Lôc Cosnier <l...@lapatadeoca.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Download DataGridField herehttp://plone.org/products/datagridfield/releases/1.6.1/Products.DataG...
>
> If you followed the tuto StartToEndTutorial for EasyShop, you need to
> extract DataGridField in the src directory, the same where is
> DataGridField-1.7 and change the buildout.cfg
>
> develop =
>     src/Products.DataGridField-1.6.1
>
> instead of
>
> develop =
>     src/DataGridField-1.7
>
> L�c
>
> Le 02/06/2010 03:55, Alex Zhang a �crit :
>

> > Hi Loc,
>
> > It's the way to fix the problem maybe.
> > Anyway I will try.
> > But how can I uninstall the Products.DataGridField 1.7? Or need to
> > uninstall  both easyshop together with Products.DataGridField 1.7?
> > Please guide me to do the above with thanks
>
> > Alex

ned14

Jun 2, 2010, 8:12:38 AM6/2/10
to easyshop
I just realised that people were suggesting to replace DataGridField
1.7 with 1.6.1. I haven't personally noticed the need to do that here,
but I am running Plone v3.3.4 which if I remember its changelog did
fix an earlier incompatibility with newer versions of DataGridField.
If I remember the OP was running v3.3.1 or something which is fairly
old nowadays.

Hopefully this explains the problem.

Niall

Alex Zhang

Jun 2, 2010, 9:49:30 AM6/2/10
to easyshop
Thanks all,

I have tried to install easy shop based on DataGridField-1.6.1 on
plone 3.3.1
But the result is same
Could add the easyshop products but could not show under Add new...
list
It's crazy.
How can I do now?
Iis it run well in Plone 3.3.4 right?
Maybe the only way is update my plone to 3.3.4?

Alex

ned14

Jun 3, 2010, 8:07:13 AM6/3/10
to easyshop
That is unexpected given the error in your logs which definitely
showed the problem to be in DataGridField.

It may be worth doing a temporary clean install on a local virtual
machine i.e. install VirtualBox, install Ubuntu Server on it or
whatever and install Plone onto that and then Easyshop into that. It's
always worth having an rsynced copy of a Plone site on a local VM
anyway, then you can test before you push changes.

I will say don't try Easyshop with Plone 4. It won't work.

HTH,
Niall