PayPal Instant Payment Notification

Gibbous

Sep 1, 2010, 4:27:49 PM9/1/10
to easyshop
Does Easyshop support Paypal's Instant Payment Notification (paypal
returns a call to the shop with the payment completion status) If so,
to what URL should the IPN send it's notification?

If not, I assume the shop owner is left to promote the order to payed
state after checking paypal manually?

Does anyone know where in the codebase I would insert some post-payed
processing ( I need to send an xml file for e-fullfilment)?

Ivor

ned14

Sep 2, 2010, 8:03:48 AM9/2/10
to easyshop
You mean http://github.com/ned14/Easyshop/issues#issue/6 i.e.
asynchronous payment support.

In which case no, there is no support and yes it must be done manually
at the moment.

HTH,
Niall

Gibbous

Sep 3, 2010, 5:52:55 PM9/3/10
to easyshop
Actually, this was my misunderstanding. I was running an EasyShop
against the sandbox version of Paypal, and was testing using
http://localhost/shop as the easyshop address- when paypal tried to
send notification back, it was failing because it couldn't find
"localhost/shop/paypal" on the internet ...

It turns out that EasyShop supplies a notification url (<shop-url>/
paypal?order=<order-uid>) with the packet to paypal and paypal sends a
notification to this address when the payment has been made; the
script then automatically promotes the order to "payed (not sent)". By
overriding easyshop.buildout/src/easyshop.payment/easyshop/payment/
browser/paypal.py within my theme I could add the necessary code to
send my xml file to the e-fulfilment supplier.

Thanks,
Ivor.